Support this site shop at
Things Ive heard in EMS classes during my 16 years as a Paramedic
instructor....Ginny long RN,EMT-P
EMS is filled with dirty talkers and can be a tough world to survive in. It tends to be filled with many double meaning words and phrases. Simple statements may be misinterpreted by the lay bystander so be careful what you say. I have always tried to tell students to put the brain in gear before they put their mouths in action! Over the years I have made a collection of things Ive heard students say that could be taken the wrong way . .if we all didnt know better ..hahaha!!! Much of this relates to Intubation and has been heard during practice sessions. I usually us this as an ice breaker for a new group.
1. Which would you rather have?? 10cm or 4 inches??
2. Arent you done yet??
3. Ive seen it done faster!
4. Check your placement boys!
5. Hurry up .. .shes not breathing!
6. Push it in .faster
7. Pull it out !
8. Just a half inch more
9. Its easier if the lights are out!
10. Ive done it 6 times do I have to Keep practicing
11. Stick it in!
12. Lift it up!
13. Dont pry .youre gonna break something
14. Youve got 30 seconds to get the job done!!!
15. Hold your breath while you do it
16. Tie it down when youre done
17. Faster faster .faster
18. Its in too far ..pull back
19. Too slow boys
20. Size is important measure first!
21. If its the size of your little finger it will fit!
22. Stiffen up your tube first
23. Dont blow on each others tubes
24. Remember your PPE got your body condom on???
25. Its too floppy it will never go in
26. BAM!!! Im in !
27. Thought Id never hit the hole
28. Its simple once youve done it!
29. Be gentle!
30. Do you want her to be able to talk when youre done?
31. You missed ..give her some air and try again!
32. You only get 2 tries .then its the next guys turn
33. You know Ive only done this once, and it was on a goat!
34. Grease it up first!
Last Updated: 05/25/05 13:36
Copyright ©1996-2002 The Lunatick's weavings